Thursday, June 21, 2012
Toooo Many Choices!
So I realize I haven’t filled any of you in lately on what has been going on. The short of it: complete INSANITY! Buuut, I’m assuming if you are reading this new little blog of mine you have at least a speck of interest in my personal well being so I’ll give you the little big longer, fuller, and more detailed summary lol!
It all started about 2 weeks ago when I received a call from school A saying they had a job offer for me (me: awesome!)…it’s not exactly what you had applied for (me: ok I can live with that)…..but it is full time! And we think you would love it! (me: OK…what is it?!?!) They then explained that they would want me to take over the 4 year old preschool in the afternoons and work as a common core standards type of person in the morning (a currently non-existent job that they created for me to make sure I wasn’t going anywhere else until there was another opening). I thought about it for a while and didn’t think this job sounded too bad.
Now fast forward a week to my interview at school B…where I did my student teaching (3 hours from home as apposed to 8 minutes like school A). Not even 12 hours after my interview I receive a call from the principal…and yep, you guessed it, she has job offer #2 for me. First grade with mixed K/1 in the afternoons. Now I realize most of you are thinking this is amazing now you get to pick…I’m think OMG NOW I HAVE TO PICK (insert really freaked out voice here!)
As is this wasn’t bad enough, I talked with both principals and we decided D-day (decision day!) is set for Monday…think…pray…think…cry…pros/cons…go nuts, yep that’s what my week. Fast forward once more to yesterday…principal from school A calls me again…”we have another offer for you!” You can teach our clove-d garden class (like ½ day Kindergarten) and then help with pulling kids out for differentiated instruction in the afternoon…..job offer #3 (insert Jaws theme track music and increased panic here)
So that’s the last week of my life in a nutshell (ok also coupled with more personal problems…boyfriend of 3 years and I…no longer together)…yeah talk about some major stress! Some quick background on these schools…I attended school A for 9 years / I taught at school B for 4 months. I know all the staff and faculty at both schools. There is very little salary difference (not even enough to consider). Anndd, school A involves living at home (scary!) and school B involves moving out on my own (equally scary!)
So shoot…what’s your thoughts? What helped you decide? What should I take into consideration….heeelllppp! J